My goal is to make buildings happier, healthier, and more environmentally friendly by providing resources to occupants and builders. Integral means maximum compatibility (physical, mental, and financial) between the occupant and the building, as well as between the building and its surroundings.
This goal is guided by the following principles:
- Integral buildings are compatible with the human body. They eliminate or greatly reduce incidences of mold, allergens, airborne carcinogens, and chemical exposure.
- Integral buildings are compatible with the human mind. They encourage natural lighting, thermal comfort, nature-inspired aesthetics, and peacefulness.
- Integral buildings encourage connection with nature. They foster awareness of the community and environment through biophilic design.
- Integral buildings are high performance. They are energy-efficient, require minimal maintenance, and are resistant towards natural disasters and insults.
- Integral buildings maximize synergy between design goals. They use materials and features that provide multiple rather than singular benefits, which is essential for ensuring affordability.
I can be contacted using the form below, or through the comment feature on any of the blog posts.